A TRYST WITH SUCCESS


"This poem is what success has to say to all those who don't get it even after trying hard."

"With darkest of days, With nastiest of pain,
I filled your life
 just to gauge your love for me.
But, your desire to touch me, feel me and taste me
was unwavering.
I was far away, not easy to reach 
but, you still searched for me
and your aplomb was never reduced to zilch.
∽∽∽
I saw tears dripping from your eyes.
Eyes, that also stared hard at fear.
I felt your broken heart.
Heart, that had fissures only for valour to seep in.
I heard your whimpers when you fell,
only to rise again.
You had unflinching love for me and so,
At last, I had to come.
∽∽∽
I came in your life to change it; for good,
to make it more daring, more riveting.
But, you exulted in your victory.
You lost warmth towards world and found
arrogance in you. 
You missed that I came but, I could 
also leave you.
∽∽∽
Still, I gave you chance to hold me tight.
To not let me leave.
But, you became too complacent to 
listen to me. So, I apologise,
At last, I had to leave."


Comments

  1. Sometimes going away is the best course. Be with those who value you. Heart warming read.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks a lot! I am glad that you liked it :) Keep coming!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Readers loved...

RISKS- By Janet Rand

"I AM FINE THE WAY I AM"

A MASK TO MASK THE REAL YOU!

BEWARE PARENTS! CHILDREN NOTICE EVERYTHING