WHEN IT COMES TO GADGETS, AGE IS JUST A NUMBER!

Yesterday, my grandmother came to me with an intrigued look on her face and asked me about Instagram and Snapchat. I was taken aback. How did she know about it? Does she too want to check out people's snaps and stories? Even I don't have them installed on my phone!

I kept my thoughts aside and explained to her in simple words. Then she insisted me to download them on her phone. As an obedient girl, I followed the orders. Now, her eyes are always glued to her phone screen. Her group of friends discusses WhatsApp jokes all the time when they meet.

The other day, I was walking in a park and there were few young ladies sitting in a circle. It seemed they were meeting after a long time. The sound of their laughter was echoing in the entire park. But, that lasted for some time only. It seemed that after chit chatting and catching up on each other's lives, gradually each of them remembered their better halves- their phones. So, about one hour later, the discussion shifted to WhatsApp profile pictures and Facebook posts. They were having a good time with mobile phones in their hands while their children were playing badminton!

Well, these incidents made me realize one thing- technology, very cleverly has managed to impress people of all age groups. Gone are the days when parents were held responsible for their child's inclination towards mobile or social media. It seems while guiding the youth, elders themselves have lost the path of "no mobiles and no internet". There was a time when parents were stern enough to snatch away the gadgets from kids. Now, they can't as their hands are so busy texting all the time. Technology has always won and unfortunately it will always! This is the sad part. People are smitten by it as it has its own charisma.

Everyone hears go out and play or spend some "family time" instead of loving your gadgets unconditionally and living sedentary lifestyles. But, none of this matters now, This is the charm of gadgets and it is increasing in leaps and bounds. They have already won the hearts of too many people. Earlier, technology's prey was only youth. Now, it includes kids, youth, elders and even geriatrics.

I wonder what the coming generations would be like? Will they end up marrying their beloved gizmos? But, I am still eagerly looking forward to that day when people will find serenity out of their techno world!


Comments

Readers loved...

RISKS- By Janet Rand

"I AM FINE THE WAY I AM"

A MASK TO MASK THE REAL YOU!

BEWARE PARENTS! CHILDREN NOTICE EVERYTHING