THE POWER OF 'NO'

When i was in my last year of school, i was highly tenacious about my goal- to get a stupendous score. But, there were so many distractions in the form of people. They all were party people and liked hanging out, just whiling away their time.But,i marched on a different drumbeat. I liked devoting my entire time to studies.Maybe, i was over meticulous about my goal but, that's how i was. And so, there were times when i was invited to join these gatherings almost everyday. It was very hard for me to say 'yes', as it would distract me but, saying 'no' was even more difficult as my friends were already cheesed-off with my behavior.I used to be between devil and deep sea. At those times, i asked myself a question repeatedly- was pleasing my friends more imperative for me than chasing my goal? Each time, my heart and my mind were against each other.But,i was gutsy enough to listen what my heart was saying- 'NO'.


For your life, nothing is more important than your goals.Your priority comes first.People will come and people will go.Say 'no' to all those social gatherings,to negative people which drift you away from your dreams. Paulo Coelho said "When you say 'yes' to others, make sure that you don't say 'no' to yourself." People will try to woo you, they will press you hard to say 'yes', but you should have the strength to say 'no' to them. If not,you will face the heat. When you are available to everybody every time, you are already on your way to failure.People will start taking you for granted.We hesitate in refusing our closed ones as we have a fear that we will loose them.But,what if you loose in your life?
At the same time,it is necessary that you don't rebuff people in a curt way. Learn the art of refusing people nicely that does not drive them up the wall.

It is not only related to people.You have to struggle with yourself also to say 'no'. There are other distractions as well. Sometimes, there are not people around you who provoke you to deviate from the right path, but it is you only who gets unfocused.In that case, you have to fight with your conscience. Say 'no' to unimportant things like gossiping, watching television, sleeping for long hours and you will be running after your dreams with faster pace.

Learn to say 'no' to people and to yourself without having any qualms.When you refuse insignificant things in your life, it does not show lack of generosity, rather it shows that you are on your way of becoming great. So, feel good about it!


Comments

Post a Comment

Readers loved...

RISKS- By Janet Rand

"I AM FINE THE WAY I AM"

A MASK TO MASK THE REAL YOU!

BEWARE PARENTS! CHILDREN NOTICE EVERYTHING